Client – Trainer Agreement
- The PT will use their skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise that will take into account the personal goals, fitness levels and exercise likes and dislikes of the Client.
- The PT will provide the coaching, supervision, advice and support that the Client may need to help achieve their goals.
- The Client’s progress will be regularly monitored and the programme revised and adjusted accordingly.
- All Client information will be kept strictly private and confidential. If the trainer requires further medical information from a practitioner, the Client will provide such details.
- It is understood between Client and PT that both will commit to the programme and give 100% effort.
- The Client is required to arrive 5 minutes prior to a training session so that a full session can be achieved each visit.
- The Client is required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Clothes should be loose fitting and non-restrictive. Footwear should be comfortable and provide adequate support.
- The Client is required to bring an appropriate water bottle, filled ready for the session and any sustenance required by the Client for pre or post session nutrition.
- Clients must complete a PAR-Q before commencing any exercise programme. The Client may be required to provide a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from their GP.
- In consideration of the Service, all sessions will be paid according to the session rates charged at the time of booking.
- The Client understands that: It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the dates and times booked are correct.
- To cancel a booked session, the Client must notify the PT either in person or by phone, text or email 48 hours prior to the appointment.
- If cancellation takes places between 24 and 48 hours, 50% of the session fee will be payable.
- If less than 24 hours notice, the full session fee will be payable.
- If the session has to be cancelled by the PT, there will be no charge/loss of session.
- The PT is only required to wait for 20 minutes past the agreed start time. After this the PT may leave the premises and the Client will forfeit the amount for the session.
- If the Client, arrives within the 20 minutes the PT will complete the time left of the original session. No extra time will be given.
- If the PT is more than 10 minutes late on arrival to the session, the Client can have a full hour from the time that the PT arrives (if convenient), or the Client can have the remaining time of the session added on to another session.
I, the Client, fully understand and agree to abide by the above rules and regulations. Before embarking on an exercise programme I have completed the PAR-Q. I also understand that I should inform my PT of any medical conditions that may not have been covered in the form and that I may be advised to visit my doctor prior to commencing the sessions. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my doctors permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in the activity and/or use the equipment and machinery without the approval of my doctor and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities.
I release Hello Fit, the PT and any other PTs who train me from any liability for personal injury or other damage I may sustain whilst engaging in any exercise programme suggested by the Personal Trainer.
I acknowledge receipt of this agreement and confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.